FDA Transportation Rules – Human and Animal Food
($50 Certificate & Materials Fee)
Dates to be announced!
755 W. Big Beaver Rd., Suite 1390, Troy, MI 48084
*For hotel information, call us at 1-877-663-1160.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA or we) has established requirements for shippers, loaders, carriers by motor vehicle and rail vehicle, and receivers engaged in the transportation of food, including food for animals, to use sanitary transportation practices to ensure the safety of the food they transport. This is part of FDA’s implementation of the Sanitary Food Transportation Act of 2005 (2005 SFTA) and the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2011 (FSMA). This rule creates new requirements for the sanitary transportation of human and animal food by motor vehicle and rail vehicle to ensure that transportation practices do not create food safety risks. This rule impacts more than 80,000 food shippers, carriers and receivers in the country and may require significant changes to the current procedures followed by food logistics companies.
Duration: 1 Day
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to understand the requirements for sanitary transportation practices applicable to shippers, loaders, carriers by motor vehicle and rail vehicle, and receivers engaged in food transportation operations addressing:
- Vehicles and transportation
- Transportation operations
You will be able to understand and use best practices, concerning cleaning, inspection, maintenance, loading and unloading, and operation of vehicles and transportation equipment that it has developed to ensure that food is transported under the conditions and controls necessary to prevent adulteration linked to food safety.
- Personnel engaged in food transportation operations
- Food logistics professionals
- Third party auditors
The training can also be conducted on-site. Please call 1-877-663-1160 for further information.
- Fundamentals of Food Logistics
- Fundamentals of Food Safety and Hygiene
- Current scenario of Food Transportation in the U.S.
- Requirements for Vehicles and Transportation Equipment
- Requirements for Transportation Operations
- Requirements for Training
- Requirements for Records
- Registration Rate: FREE!
($50 Certificate & Materials Fee)
- Call 1-877-663-1160 to register
- A certificate of completion
- A written test will be administrated at the end of the training
About the Instructor:
Dr. Ramakrishnan Narasimhan,
Ramakrishnan Narasimhan (aka “Rama”) is the Technical Director – Food Safety at Perry Johnson Registrars Food Safety, Inc. He is a versatile food safety professional with an in-depth technical knowledge and senior management experience in the manufacturing and regulatory areas of food, drug, natural products and also other consumer products sectors. He has over 25 years of international experience in the food industry and was associated with multinational companies such as Nestle.
He holds a PhD in food science and has a number of professional certifications.
He is one of the first Lead Instructors to attend the FSPCA training on the Preventive Controls for Animal Food in July 2016.
He is also certified/approved trainer for the following GFSI food safety standards:
- SQFI approved trainer for Practitioner course and Advanced Practitioner course
- BRC, UK approved trainer for Global Standard for Food Safety and Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials and Global Standard for Storage and Distribution
- IFS, Germany approved trainer for IFS Food standard and IFS Logistics
In addition to delivering over fifty training sessions on food safety and HACCP, he has also delivered talks in conferences on product safety and quality in Canada, USA, Thailand, and Hong Kong.
He holds the following professional certifications:
- Six certifications from the American Society for Quality (ASQ) – Certified HACCP
Auditor (CHA); Certified Quality Auditor (CQA); Certified Manager of Quality and
Organizational Excellence (CMQ & OE)); Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA);
Certified Quality Process Analyst (CQPA) and Certified Pharmaceutical GMP
- Certified Packaging Professional (CPP) from the Institute of Packaging Professional, USA
- Certified Food Scientist (CFS) from the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), USA
- Certified Food Safety Manager (CFSM), National Registry of Food Safety
He is a registered auditor for the following GFSI food safety certification standards:
- SQF High Risk Auditor
- BRC Food and Packaging Auditor
- IFS Food and PAC Secure Auditor
- FSSC 22000 Auditor
- Gluten Free Auditor
- Halal Auditor
- Dietary Supplement GMP Auditor
- GMP Auditor – Pharmaceutical Drugs, Medical Devices and Cosmetics
*If less than 4 people register for a given date, the course will be rescheduled and you will be notidied prior to the class.