Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) Preventive Controls for Animal Food
*For hotel information, call us at 1-877-663-1160.
Duration: 3 Days
The Food Safety Preventive Control Alliance (FSPCA) provides training programs through its approved trainers to assist the food industry to achieve compliance with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Hazard Analysis and Risk Based Preventive Controls for Animal Food regulation (now referred to as Preventive Controls for Animal Food regulation). The course developed by FSPCA is the ‘standardized curriculum’ recognized by FDA. Successful completion of this course is one way of meeting the requirements for a “preventive controls qualified individual”.
The Preventive Controls for Animal Food rule is intended to ensure safe manufacturing, processing, packing and holding of animal food products in the United States. This course is the standardized curriculum recognized by FDA and was designed by regulatory, academic, and industry professionals as part of the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance.
- The course will help participants meet the training requirements for a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual.
- Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to distinguish between Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), other prerequisite programs, and preventive controls and understand how they fit into the regulatory framework so that hazards are adequately controlled.
- The course will also help participants understand the hazard analysis process and how to use available resources to conduct a thorough analysis. The course’s final outcome is to learn concepts needed to build a food safety plan.
- Potential Preventive Control “Qualified Individual”
- Facilities that manufacture, process, pack or hold animal food (21 CFR Part 507)
- Personnel responsible for the implementation of FSMA
- Third party auditors
- Regulatory Overview and Introduction to the Rule
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice
- Animal Food Safety Hazards
- Overview of the Food Safety Plan
- Hazard Analysis and Preventive Controls Determination
- Required Preventive Control Management Components
- Process Preventive Controls
- Sanitation Controls
- Supply-Chain-Applied Controls
- Recall Plan
- A certificate of completion issued by the International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI) of FSPCA
- A written test will be administrated at the end of the training
About the Instructor:
Dr. Ramakrishnan Narasimhan,
Ramakrishnan Narasimhan (aka “Rama”) is the Technical Director – Food Safety at Perry Johnson Registrars Food Safety, Inc. He is a versatile food safety professional with an in-depth technical knowledge and senior management experience in the manufacturing and regulatory areas of food, drug, natural products and also other consumer products sectors. He has over 25 years of international experience in the food industry and was associated with multinational companies such as Nestle.
He holds a PhD in food science and has a number of professional certifications.
He is one of the first Lead Instructors to attend the FSPCA training on the Preventive Controls for Animal Food in July 2016.
He is also certified/approved trainer for the following GFSI food safety standards.
- SQFI approved trainer for Practitioner course and Advanced Practitioner course
- BRC, UK approved trainer for Global Standard for Food Safety and Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials and Global Standard for Storage and Distribution
- IFS, Germany approved trainer for IFS Food standard and IFS Logistics
In addition to delivering over fifty training sessions on food safety and HACCP, he has also delivered talks in conferences on product safety and quality in Canada, USA, Thailand, and Hong Kong.
He holds the following professional certifications.
- Six certifications from the American Society for Quality (ASQ)- Certified HACCP
Auditor (CHA); Certified Quality Auditor (CQA); Certified Manager of Quality and
Organizational Excellence (CMQ & OE)); Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA);
Certified Quality Process Analyst (CQPA) and Certified Pharmaceutical GMP
- Certified Packaging Professional (CPP) from the Institute of Packaging Professional, USA
- Certified Food Scientist (CFS) from the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), USA
- Certified Food Safety Manager (CFSM), National Registry of Food Safety
He is a registered auditor for the following GFSI food safety certification standards.
- SQF High Risk Auditor
- BRC Food and Packaging Auditor
- IFS Food and PAC Secure Auditor
- FSSC 22000 Auditor
- Gluten Free Auditor
- Halal Auditor
- Dietary Supplement GMP Auditor
- GMP Auditor – Pharmaceutical Drugs, Medical Devices and Cosmetics
*If less than 4 people register for a given date, the course will be rescheduled and you will be notidied prior to the class.